Well ive been thinkin bout my boyfriend and i. We've been dating for almost 2 years. He asked me out when i was a sophmore and he was senior. Ya, we're 2 years different. It didn't dawn on me then, but now i think bout it, wow he's 2 and a half years older than me. I cringe when i hear young girls going out with dudes who r like 2, 3 years older, and yet im one of them. However i dont see him as a man who's two years older than me, instead i see myself his age and him my age. I guess i see myself too mature. i feel as if though i dont belong here, as if though im stuck at a school tht are filled with younger peers. Im with my boyfriend and i feel like i am his age, like the way you people feel with a gf/bf thats ur age. thats who i feel with ryan, tht im a 19 yr old. When him and i are together, i dont feel immature nor stupid, but instead him and i can always joke away or have mature discussions tht most teenagers ages 14-17 hardly talk bout. Really though, i feel like im in a jail, a place i dont belong. Then i tell myself, Alexis, youre only 17, you are a high school. But age is but a number. Yes im 17, but i dont feel like i am. My bf and i are 2 and a half years in difference, yet i see him and i as the same age. I guess it seems like a big deal (the whole age thing), but i believe once i 18, it wont seem tht big a deal. idk...now im just rambling!!!!
--lexis
I know what you mean, I feel a lot older than I am mentally. I don't know you very well, but you definitely seem a lot more mature than most of the kids that go to our school. :)
ReplyDeleteaww thnx, i actually take tht as a compliment. =] ya i feel like i do.
ReplyDelete